Class of ’24 and ’25
“Connect, Focus, and Ready Yourself for the Rest of Your College Journey”
JANUARY 21-23, 2022
Pali Retreat Center
Running Springs, CA
Join us for a fun, high-energy, creative, and inspiring weekend where you will learn the core skills that you will need to succeed in college and beyond. Ultimately this weekend is about connecting with your fellow classmates, while learning and practicing two core skills that every student needs: optimizing your time, and becoming strong and resilient when faced with adversities, problems, and challenges.
We will be in a gorgeous location in the San Bernardino mountains where you’ll have opportunities to bond with the classes of ’24 and ’25, learn key skills, do homework, have a snowball fight, tell stories around a bonfire, and maybe even zipline! The past years we’ve gone, it snowed!
“LEVERAGING YOUR STRENGTHS FOR THE FUTURE”
Core Skills Program to Increase Resilience and Time Optimization
Want to dive deeper to identify your strengths and leverage them to achieve your college, career and life goals? KLab is selecting a small cohort of First Years to learn key skills, tools, and practices that can help them harness their strengths to overcome any challenge that they face – skills students may not learn in the classroom.
Based on our the outcomes determined by our external evaluators at Berger Institute, this powerful evidence-based program has helped students reduce anxiety and stress, and increase their coping skills by accessing interpersonal support. Here’s what students had to say:
‘I loved all the activities and interaction with peers. It was extremely effective…and helped me learn new ways to deal with my worries and problems.’
‘My favorite part was the discussion of fear and how it is possible to take smaller steps to overcome it.’
‘I loved the chance to interact and put the tools to use.’
- 8-WEEK PROGRAM – you will learn alongside an intimate cohort of powerful students like yourself. You will engage in skills-building activities, practice evidence-based tools for leveraging your strengths, and have many meaningful opportunities to connect with your fellow classmates.
- MENTORS: You will be assigned a mentor to support you throughout the program who will help you set and achieve SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) to reach your academic and college aspirations.
- WEEKLY LESSONS: You will attend weekly 90 minutes facilitated by KLab Directors. All lessons will be offered on Fridays, from 1-2:30p starting Sept 24.
- WEEKLY TIME COMMITMENT: In total, we expect you will be dedicating up to 3-4 hours per week to the study (which includes the weekly lessons)
- WEEKEND GETAWAY, JAN 21-21, 2022: Fellows will play a meaningful role in the Weekend Getaway.
Deadline to submit is Sun, Sept 12, 2021
Fellows will be informed and matched with a mentor by Sept 17, 2021