Building Resilience and Responsibility Fellowship for First Years
Want to dive deeper to identify your strengths and leverage them to achieve your college, career and life goals? Join a small cohort of First Years to learn key skills, tools, and practices that can help them harness their strengths to overcome any challenge that they face – skills students may not learn in the classroom.
Based on our the outcomes determined by our external evaluators at Berger Institute, this powerful evidence-based program has helped students reduce anxiety and stress, and increase their coping skills by accessing interpersonal support. Here’s what students had to say:
‘I loved all the activities and interaction with peers. It was extremely effective…and helped me learn new ways to deal with my worries and problems.’
‘My favorite part was the discussion of fear and how it is possible to take smaller steps to overcome it.’
‘I loved the chance to interact and put the tools to use.’
- 8-WEEK PROGRAM – you will learn alongside an intimate cohort of powerful students like yourself. You will engage in skills-building activities, practice evidence-based tools for leveraging your strengths, and have many meaningful opportunities to connect with your fellow classmates.
- MENTORS: You will be assigned a mentor to support you throughout the program who will help you set and achieve SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) to reach your academic and college aspirations.
- WEEKLY LESSONS: You will attend weekly 90 minutes facilitated by KLab Leadership. All lessons will be offered on Fridays starting
– 4 Lessons on Feb 10, 17, 24, Mar 3
– Break (3 weeks) Mar 10, 17, 24
– 4 Lessons on Mar 31, 7, 14, 21
- WEEKLY TIME COMMITMENT: In total, we expect you will be dedicating up to 3-4 hours per week to the Fellowship (which includes the weekly lessons)
REGISTRATION OPENS ON JAN 17!