Class of ’24 and ’25
“Connect, Focus, and Ready Yourself for the Rest of Your College Journey”
JANUARY 21-23, 2022
Pali Retreat Center
Running Springs, CA
Join us for a fun, high-energy, creative, and inspiring weekend where you will learn the core skills that you will need to succeed in college and beyond. Ultimately this weekend is about connecting with your fellow classmates, while learning and practicing two core skills that every student needs: optimizing your time, and becoming strong and resilient when faced with adversities, problems, and challenges.
We will. be in a gorgeous location in the San Bernardino mountains where you’ll have opportunities to bond with the classes of ’24 and ’25, learn key skills, do homework and maybe even zipline! The past years we’ve gone, it even snowed!
Registration to attend will be open in late August.
FIRST YEAR CORE SKILLS FELLOWSHIP
“Leveraging Strengths for the Future”
Want to dive deeper to identify your strengths and leverage them to achieve your college, career and life goals? KLab is selecting a small cohort of First Years to learn key skills, tools, and practices that can help them harness their strengths to overcome any challenge that they face – skills students may not learn in the classroom.
Based on our the outcomes determined by our external evaluators, this powerful evidence-based program has helped students reduce anxiety and stress, and increase their coping skills access to interpersonal support. Here’s what students had to say:
‘I loved all the activities and interaction with peers. It was extremely effective…and helped me learn new ways to deal with my worries and problems.’
‘My favorite part was the discussion of fear and how it is possible to take smaller steps to overcome it.’
‘I loved the chance to interact and put the tools to use.’
- FELLOWS WEEKEND RETREAT – Sept 10-12 – Meet your cohort!
- 8-WEEK PROGRAM – you will learn alongside an intimate cohort of powerful students like yourself. You will engage in skills-building activities, practice some evidence-based tools for leveraging your strengths, and have many meaningful opportunities to connect with your fellow classmates.
- MENTORS: You will be assigned a mentor to support you throughout the stud who will help you set and achieve SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) to reach your academic and college aspirations.
- WEEKLY LESSONS: You will attend weekly 90 minutes facilitated by KLab Directors
- WEEKLY TIME COMMITMENT: In total, we expect you will be dedicating up to 3-4 hours per week to the study (which includes the weekly lessons)
Applications for Core Skill Fellowship will open on Aug 2, 2021.
Deadline to submit is Aug 27, 2021
Fellows will be informed by Sept 1, 2021